Sunday, October 16, 2011

The 2 things that I do

I like Science. I like Music. This was a god weekend for both.

Friday I went to one music class but most of the day I was preparing for and helping out at the Physics Open House. Which was super fun! As usual! I got to make about 9 batches of different kinds of play-dough, then they fed us pizza, then I got a free t-shirt (with a frictionless student on it--not to be confused with a spherical student lol), and got to spend many hours playing with helium balloons making mini-HARBOR models :-). We also had a flying shark, which we used to rescue some escaped helium balloons, then the inevitable happened: we re-enacted an XKCD comic:



It was so good. The only downside to this was that I was occupied until 9:30pm and so we couldn't go to the homecoming dance :-(

More especially since I had to get up before 5:30 the next day. Saturday was the UMTA conference which started out with a chapter presidents meeting at 7am. Booooo. Oh well. I had plenty of time to write my speech and find everyone else before we presented our chapter thing at 10:50. It was awesome just like the last time, we played Bach and the dance professor showed the dances after the history professor gave the history and then we had the art and we all had fun. Then lunch. Then Zoe competed in the Young Artists competition. Then Fan-Ya played in a masterclass. She played a movement from Gargoyles, and this was after another guy played part of the Liszt sonata, so the masterclass teacher was just going off about hell and demons and witches the whole time and it was scary but enlightening and awesome actually, hehehehe. Then Nic competed in the competition as well. I only got to hear him through the door. Then there was a recital and Jared and CJ played. Then CJ and Eliza freaked out together on chopsticks on one of the demo pianos. Then Byron competed. He made everyone cry he was so good. He ended up getting an Honorable Mention. I can't imagine how the other winners must have been because I thought Byron did so freakin' well. Whatever.

Saturday night we slept REALLY well. Two long days of all physics and all music will put you out apparently. Wait, that's all I do every day . . . no wonder my list of things to do never gets any shorter. And here I am writing a blog. That's okay!

No comments: