Tuesday I did something smart, I rode my bike to work (note the sarcasm. But I was fine). The rear tire went flat as I got to the FrontRunner station. I only did planetarium stuff, not Science in the Parks, being slightly paranoid. I pumped up my tire at the WRC before trying to go home but I didn't make it down the hill before the tire was flat again. Understand this--my tire should NOT go flat. It has a thorn shield around the inner tube and slime inside the tube. I walked for a while until a bus was supposed to go by that I caught to the FrontRunner again, I rode that home, and another bus, and walked the rest of the way, so I could remove the wheel and check out what happened. The inner tube was split along one of the seams! I'm gonna call that defective and I wanted some warranty service from Wal-Mart. I wasn't able to get there that day. There was a stake pool party that evening and I've sort of been dating a guy so I talked him into taking me there so I wouldn't have to drive (paranoid) and since I couldn't take my bike. Then after that we went to another friends' house to watch a movie and it came out that yeah, we've been dating!
Wednesday was all right, it was cold in the science building so I went outside and sat on a rock under a tree to study for my project at the planetarium. Then I went to my sister's house in Draper to play the piano and make music which didn't happen because her husband was too excited about telling me about the Torah (cool) and how the moon landings are fake (not so interesting). But oh well.
Thursday there was no traffic and I got back to Ogden in good time. I stayed under the tent for Science in the Parks. That evening I ended up going on another date and we went to a show called the 3 Redneck Tenors. It was pretty awesome! We played a game on paper before the show which I will post here as soon as I can get my scanner to work. And we realized after the show that we were pretty much the youngest people there. But the show was so cool! A lot of people missed out apparently. When he took me home the light wasn't on which I thought was weird, then I went inside and tried to turn it on, and it wouldn't. My mom came in and said the power was out. Weird. But it came back on after about 2 hours so not bad.
Friday was good too, I played with the HARBOR cameras and during the HARBOR meeting we joked about trying to get a beer company to sponsor us--if we try to use one of those cup-holder/beer-cosy things as insulation on the cameras. It was funny. That night was the full moon and a lunar eclipse so we had a night-hike. The usual happened--we were on the wrong side of the mountain and pretty much didn't see the moon at all. It was windy at the top of the mountain but we had the usual sushi and music. The eclipse would have been at 4:30 am and no one was about to wait for it! I got home a little before 3 and was in bed a little after 3.
Saturday I was able to go to Wal-Mart and claim my new inner tube. I decided to try a "is there anything you can do to help me" approach rather than a "fix my problem--now!" type of approach, and it went real smooth and I walked out with a free inner tube minutes later! It better not be faulty too... I got it installed with my thorn shield and slime to be "invincible" again and it should be fine now. I was supposed to go teach a lesson with the missionaries but it was cancelled. There was a ward picnic for my parents' ward; I went and ate quickly and then ditched to go out again. It was a much better evening than I could say I've ever had before. And that's all the details I'm going to share! haha! This post is long enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment