Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What a difference well-inflated tires makes

Yes, yes, once I realized what the problem really was, I pumped up my bike tires and it works much better now! I had also oiled the chain and adjusted the rear derailleur, good things, but until the tires were at proper inflation it just wasn't quite right.

Anyway, these pictures are good, too
HAR100818 from the ground
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31493337&l=e1b590f1e1&id=1335984666
HAR100819 from the ground
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2076344&id=1335984666&l=b42d921638
HAR100820 from the ground
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2076471&id=1335984666&l=dffaa56752

And I believe there was a request to hear about the Pepsi incident and certain evening adventures from the HARBOR trip:

On Tuesday, I drank a can of Pepsi. Wednesday morning we were supposed to get up by 5 so we could leave camp by 5:30, so we went to bed I think around 10ish. The other girls in my tent fell asleep pretty quick. I lay there, rolling over every couple minutes trying to get comfortable (my pillow was really hard), for quite some time. somewhere around 11:30 I finally pulled out my iPod and started a classical album in the hopes it would relax me enough to fall asleep. Well, one hour later the album was over and I was still wide awake! I kept rolling over every while and even tried using my sweater to soften up my pillow but it didn't work. I don't think I slept a wink. The best part even, I was not remotely tired all of Wednesday, never took a nap, and people were going to bed before I had even considered it. (I did buy a new pillow, though, which seemed to help, although I'm pretty sure it was the caffeine. Unless you actually CAN get high off of science and no one ever told me . . . )

Thursday it got really cold, and I guess some of the guys set up all their stuff in their bathroom in order to work more comfortably. I retaliated by setting up my laptop in the girl's bathroom and watching a movie with Linsey. (I had bought it in town on Tuesday, "The Curse of the Pink Panther") I enjoyed it. I think Linsey slept through most of it. I do not have a picture of us watching the movie, but I have acquired one from the other side (so awesomely hilarious!):

No comments: