On Monday I did get a plane ticket for the Philippines in December. Tuesday I finished that poster and then I decided to stay up all night catching up on things. I enjoyed it. I almost got caught up on my sight-reading and transposition, I did an analysis on 2 sonatas, I dusted the piano, I worked on memorizing my pieces, I practiced my accompanying pieces, I found and studied Bach's table of ornamentation, chatted with Sylves, made and ate breakfast, read a bunch of science papers, printed the poster, took two tests, and rode my bike all the way home. The distinction between Tuesday night and Wednesday is completely lost.
On the bike ride home, I remembered my goal of trying to do it in under an hour . . . I kind of cheated to try and do this but it backfired on me. I turned onto Riverdale Road itself to go straight down it instead of in the parking lots--and then every light was red. Well, except for that one. I made it up through the roundabouts without stopping, and then when I got to Main street nearly every light was red for me when I got there, again! Somewhere in Clearfield I gave up on trying to go fast at all anymore because I was too sick of getting up there and then having to stop abruptly. I stopped looking at my watch entirely and I stopped at the import store to get stash food (since I had finished up my stash at breakfast).
And random note, I have a lot of pride. I think sometimes it's okay (like from a performance perspective) but in many ways it's not so good. I just really like to learn and know things and be awesome. If I feel like correcting other people I usually try and do it in a nice way but apparently it doesn't come across like that. I don't know how to fix this problem. I might try some counseling. But I still like to be awesome and yes, I like to brag about it sometimes. Okay, a lot of the time. It has come to my attention yet again and I'm here wondering what the heck I can do about it, and I don't have many ideas. Really. So I'm sorry if I offend people but at this point, that's all I can say.
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment