Friday, December 17, 2010

Excerpt from Dec 14 2010

I'm on a bus going to Pangasinan, Philippines. I'm going to live there someday, but this is my first time going. Right now I'm on vacation in the Philippines but it's really more than just a vacation, because it's probably the most life changing trip that could ever happen :-). Apparently I'm Filipino on the inside or something. I always dreamed I would be whisked away by someone from a foreign country, and that's a pretty darn good description of what's happening to me. (Can we say, "dream come true?"). I met Sylves through the Internet; but if I hadn't served a mission it wouldn't have happened because he also served in my mission in Quezon City, Philippines. That's where he saw me first and then he found the way to contact me after he returned home to Pangasinan and I returned home to America. It wasn't like other creepy people who try to catch your attention online, he was different. I can't say what made it so different except that I felt differently. After a while, through prayer and temple worship and many other inspiring experiences, I realized that I had a dream coming true! I searched through many different kinds of travel plans to actually meet this sweet guy that wanted to be my "shining armor" for time and all eternity. The way it ended up working out is that I flew here by myself and he and his family picked me up. No decision that I have made in the course of this relationship has been made lightly. I emphasize, I knew full well what might lay in store before making my decisions. The only surprise was what time he chose to pull out the ring. That story will be told some other time. But I accept Sylves Datuin to be my companion for time and all eternity, and the two of us are ready to face all the challenges that lay ahead. But I feel comfortable where I am at this moment, and that is in the arms of the man I love, on a bus going to my future home in Pangasinan, Philippines.


Sent from my iPod

2 comments:

Lionheartg said...

I am gradually coming around to this. By the way, I let Cloyd & Kathryn know.

alli said...

Really?? Definitely lacking details....can't wait to hear more!
My cousin is serving in the Quezon City Mission now: Elder Calder (he is in Navotas). Talk to you soon!