Sunday, November 21, 2010

What you may or may not have been waiting for!

So my triathlon is over!!! I lived through it!! My uncle who also did it with me and my dad drove us down to St. George. I took my one sweatshirt just in case I wanted it on the bikeride (and I did!). We got our stuff and they wrote our numbers on our arms Friday night. On Saturday we got there to set up around 8 and it was COLD! It was nice inside waiting to start, and lucky we were there so early 'cause it took almost that long before the race started at 9 for me to be able to feel my toes again. The water was nice, and when I had to run outside again to get on my bike the temperature was fine. I wore my sweater on the bike but took it off for the 5K run. Here are my stats.

What stinks is that swimming is my best event. I came to the conclusion that when that is the case, it doesn't help you at all. The amount of time in the water is so tiny compared to everything else that it gives you no advantage to be fast there. Also because afterwards, having spent so much energy doing well in the pool, getting on a bike is THE WORST. I just felt sick the almost the whole time on my bike. I wouldn't look at my watch, even on the run, which is slightly sad because I even went back to get it out of my jacket pocket on the bike/run transition after almost getting out of the zone without it. If not for that, I would have been exactly on time with what I said in the previous post---I guessed 1:35, and my final time was 1:36! I am totally happy with that, though :-) It was fun when it was over, and now I can say that I've done it, but I probably won't do it again. Unless I get a real racing bike, then I'll consider it; for now I'll gladly enter as a relay member only. The run was fine and so I might consider doing just a 5K in the future too.

my uncle, my dad, my uncle's friend, and me (in no particular order)
We each posed by a cactus when it was over. The actual race was on paved surfaces. I'm amazing!

No comments: