Saturday, February 19, 2011

Story Time

What a week! It was exciting. Really. Monday night I went to the Vienna Piano Trio Concert. It was at the U, and some smart person had scheduled some other big event at Kingsbury Hall at the same time as the Trio at Libby Gardner Hall. So there was no parking, anywhere. Ridiculous. Anyway, after driving around for a while I parked on some street and ran across a squishy field to get up there and I missed the whole first Sonata. The rest of the concert was pretty darn amazing, though! Super good!
. Tuesday I had the first rehearsal for the pit orchestra at LHS. THey told me they'd have a keyboard. But I didn't expect that that's all they would have! There was no pedal, amp, cable, or music stand to go with it! We found what we needed (no pedal, but I dealt with that just fine) but it was ridiculous. Also apparently everyone else had been given a contract. I never got one and so they better get me one soon!
. Wednesday we were supposed to film stuff for the show I'm directing. The wind was pretty bad so my boss cancelled filming about 20 minutes before it was supposed to happen. So I went back to the VBC and started working on piano festival stuff. Then it rained, and snowed, and I just sat on the floor counting checks to avoid driving home. Well, also because it needed to be done. I think it was after nine when I actually left, had to clear off the car but the roads weren't too bad anymore.
. Thursday I had to fight with the copy machine and get everything ready for the Piano people to do everything for the piano festival. We counted registration forms, scheduled competition times, scheduled practice times, changed stuff so siblings were closer together, addressed envelopes, wrote letters, copied repertoire, stuffed envelopes, combined family members into the same envelope (yes, after the fact), and ordered all the envelopes by zipcode. Would have been done right around 6 if I hadn't been called by someone in the planetarium telling me there were boy scouts there waiting for a show. I think THAT is what killed the last of my brain for the week. I had been checking the calendar every day to make sure there were no people listed as coming to the planetarium for a boy scout show. There were NO PEOPLE listed as coming! I even called my boss on Wednesday to make sure that if no people were listed that means I don't have to be there and she confirmed it. So I told the other guys we didn't have to be there at all and I told a professor he could use the planetarium and he calls me at 6 to tell me there are boy scouts there. Total freak out on my part. I'm trying to organize envelopes into families and then I have to call my boss and find out what to do, she gives me instructions but i can't exactly go over there, so now I'm calling people and texting people and oh man it was just bad. I still don't know what happened to them. I hope they found something fun to do in the museum or something and will get their show rescheduled all nicely. Then I didn't get my envelopes sorted but we had to wrap up so we put everything in a safe place and went out for food. Then I sorted envelopes by family on my own and went to institute super late. Hey, at least I went! After that I went to my BFF's house and we put the things in zipcode order and looked up wedding ideas and talked until like, 12:30.
. Friday I tried to get up early and read my assignment and take my quiz, and then the quiz was a fake quiz! Rude, right? Well, whatever. Class was all right but my brain didn't work. I almost forgot to go to band. But I went to HARBOR it made me smile. Then I practiced. I could have gone home b/c the other practice was cancelled but I didn't b/c my brain didn't work. And then even though I was there I missed half the recital I needed for my concert report because it started at 7. Nothing ever starts at 7! Oh well. That's not even everything that happened last week, but, it works! Somehow...

No comments: