Well, I just got back home officially. I'm not too happy about it. The major purpose of my trip was not accomplished, and I sit here, alone, still wondering how long I must still be alone in life. People say to be patient. I have been patient! Remember, I was supposed to get married in April! I don't know what happened this time, I was guided by some force greater than myself to buy my ticket when I did, we passed the interview without any ado, and the visa just never came. I was good and didn't buy him a ticket until the visa came, which it didn't, so I didn't, and I was somehow guided (after much crying) to fly back to North America by myself on Monday, which worked because I have obligations this weekend and school starts Monday and it still wouldn't have come so I would've still been by myself even if I flew Thursday. I just don't freakin' understand! I had most definitely been put under the impression that visas come within a week after the interview. When I called the embassy to see if that was a lie, the lady pretty much said yes. Other people later let me know it could be one to two weeks, or two to three weeks, or one person came up with the figure of 60 days. I would like to know where these numbers come from. I looked back on the State Department's many websites and could not find an answer. What do they freakin' have to do? Print the visa, tape/glue it in his passport, maybe send a letter to the State Department informing them a visa has been issued, and mail the passport back. Shouldn't take too long! Maybe the printer ran out of ink . . . or they couldn't find any glue. I don't think there's any excuse. Now everything is rough because I can't be sure of my own wedding date, so I can't book anything for the reception, and I can't invite anyone, and all my plans are just gone to crap because my own country won't let me get married. What a world. Dear U.S. government employee who may be reading this to spy on me which I haven't discounted as a possibility: I never did anything wrong. Stop looking for ways to punish me. I have many more things I'd like to say but for now I will refrain. At least the customs officer told me to "have a good one" when I came back this time although I still wasn't welcomed back. Oh, and dear people who read this blog, I am just ranting. If you do not know the answers, please don't speculate or tell me to be patient. The anger will eventually pass.
1 comment:
It's good that you weren't a hero. Don't be patient; Be pissed! Stupid government is getting in the way of your perfect plans. The bastards!
But really. It sucks. I sympathize. Lmk if I can help.
Post a Comment