So I have senioritis. If I'm at school I can do my work but if I am at home, it's rough. However, the point of this post is not that. I'm writing because I am at home and should be doing my physics homework. I will but after I tell this story. I took Physics for Scientists and Engineers way back in 06-07, along with all the other physics and science majors. I did VERY well in that class. A lot of people assumed I was a physics major cuz I hung out with some to do my homework all the time but really I never was one. This still confuses people. I guess because I did so well in the class. Anyway, back in 2010 I was informed by a good friend that I only needed 8 more credits just to be a physics minor. I totally took her on. Fall 2010 after not having done much physics at all since 2007, I took Astrophysics. Totally rocked that class. 3 credits down. Spring of 2011 my schedule conflicted with Modern Physics so I put it off until this spring. After having looked into various scheduling options and being assured that it would not conflict this year. Fall of 2011 I started to freak out because I could not schedule in a physics class again. But, the department is cool and I got into a Directed Readings course for 2 credits. We read "The Physics of the Piano" and it was the most awesome book ever. 2 more credits down, 3 to go. Spring 2012: time to register for Modern Physics. What a surprise when suddenly the week before I registered, my music history class was changed from 9:30 MWF to 8:30 MWF. Not my idea of a happy day. That's exactly when Modern Physics is taught. So long story short: I go to my music class and someone records physics for me, then I listen to it and copy her notes afterwards. So far, I haven't had any help on any of the assignments and I'm doing GREAT! Last week I had to stare at one problem for a while three different times before I whipped up some awesome trigonometry-ness to tell it who was boss. And today actually, I thought I needed help on a problem, but it wasn't to be found, so I worked on the problem for 10 or 15 more minutes and got the answer by myself! I haven't done much hard-core algebra, calculus, or trigonometry for a long time. But I can still do it.
I was made to be a physics minor.
You Never Forget When...
7 years ago
1 comment:
Like.
Post a Comment