Okay, so I applied for this music teaching job at the beginning of August, and never heard back from the people. I know someone who works there already and she gave me a name, so I emailed that person, who at first still didn't reply. I then found a flyer for the same kind of job at school so I took the guy's number and then when I checked my email, the other lady had replied! But they aren't hiring teachers now. Although, they are hiring people for the front desk and pretty much invited me to the interview for that. It's tomorrow. I think I'll go. If I don't get the job, which I probably won't, at least they'll know my face and a bit about me already for when they decide they want to hire teachers again. I hope it's a good plan... (and if absolutely nothing happens, I can at least call that other guy!)
And now for something completely different...
I went running this evening. Good stuff. It's getting dark earlier so I didn't get to go real far, but that's okay. My toe hurts a little bit and so it reminded me of another mission story: well, it's not much of a story, uh, ok, I'll make it one. There's these rubber shoes, okay, and they're really really comfortable AND super convenient of you're going to get wet or dirty. The day I found them was interesting, my comp Sister Cepe and I were planning on going shoe-shopping but it didn't happen because we attended our zone activity and then she got a migraine. At some point it was decided I could go on a split with Sister Erasmo. She and I tried to go into town to this big shoe company, and it took a while to find, and then they didn't have anything that felt good. Then we walked around and found the palengke (market) and stopped by a couple shoe vendors. nothing, nothing, nothing, until--I tried the rubber shoes. Other missionaries had been using some but I wasn't yet sold on the idea. Until I tried them. It was the most amazing shoe-try-on-experience I've ever had! They're so squishy and awesome, I bought them right away. Then Sister Cepe was jealous. And I bought many pairs of them through the rest of my mission (being rubber, they do wear out easily--but they're cheap, so it's okay).
My "story" is this: one of the pairs I got I was convinced had a needle in it. Sure, one could have fallen into the mold or something. I could feel it just poking through when I stepped on a rock or something. After about 2 months I was feeling it all the time in my foot and not too incredibly happy about it. But every time I looked for it I could feel nothing with my hands. One day, I must have been rinsing them off and picking rocks off the bottom, then one particular rock didn't want to come off. With good reason, too, it was engrained so bad in the sole that it had reached to the other side . . . and it was rather pointy. I taped it to a sticky-note and put it in my PMG under the companions list :P The end.
You Never Forget When...
7 years ago
2 comments:
You stuck a rock in you PMG as a companion? HAHHAHAhahahahahahha! That's awesome. I suppose you were close friends for those 2 months =).
I sure did! Too bad it was sharp enough it worked its way through the tape and got lost shortly afterward. Then I was sad.
Post a Comment