I went swimming and running tonight. I timed my 400 yard swim at 7min 15sec. Then I went down to the regular track and ran (mostly) 3 miles. I can say that since I know how many laps are in a mile on that track. It took less than 40 minutes with a bathroom break. I'm going to guess my bike time will be around 45 minutes. I've timed myself twice on 10 miles and it was about 52 minutes each time, but there won't be any stoplights and I'm going to use my iPod to help me keep going at a good pace. I don't want to be too generous because I know it will be hard to get started on the bike after swimming.
Using those times I'm going to make a guess as to how I will do.
7.5 min swim
45 min bike
40 min run
and rounding up for transition times gives
1 hour 35 min
Now I have a goal to keep in my head while I go--that will help too :-) Everyone cheer for me this Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment