Sunday, November 7, 2010

well, they brought up journals...

...and since this is pretty much my journal I felt guilty for not posting in a while. I'm planning a spoof report about how my sight is going bad, and it's going to be fun, so every time I think about writing on my blog, I think of how I want to finish that so I can post it. But I suppose I do have other things to say too!

My triathlon is next weekend. This past week I did double workouts--swimming and running. I managed just fine. The week before (or two weeks...) I worked up my running. I ran 2 miles without stopping, then 2.5, then I switched tracks and thought I did three but there is no way that's how long it was. I guess I don't know how many laps to a mile are in the small track at the gym. So there's a breach in my keeping track of progress.

I realized also that the weather might be cooler than I had imagined. I don't know what I'm going to do in the way of apparel for the race! I thought I knew but it may not be enough! I have ideas. Maybe if everyone crosses their fingers that I won't freeze, I won't :P

The following is a sequence of events that makes me happy, but took me off guard at it's swiftness

-Katie complained about needing an accompanist, I mentioned that I am one...
-Symphonic Band needed a piano player, I walked in at an opportune time
-Katie actually gave me music
-Wendy needed an accompanist, Katie told her to go to me
-I was approached with a request to be an on hand accompanist at a musical audition
-Grandma's choir started again (I play for that)
-After the musical audition they had me come back to help with callbacks...
-...And asked if I would be in the pit orchestra for another musical
-Colby's accompanist totally fell through and he came to me for help
-Wind Ensemble started
-And I have to learn and practice exciting duets for accompanying class

I love to share my talents! It's totally fun for me but in the next 5ish weeks I have over 10 performances, which is fine, but getting in all my other work and schoolwork is going to be interesting. I am on the verge of resorting to caffeine! Aaahhhh! Oh well, what can you do.

1 comment:

Marla B said...

give into caffine! I am weak & give into it.....you can too!!