Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Spring Break

Yes, it was awesome! I slept, watched movies, went shoe shopping, played in the pit, got my grandpa's car inspected and registered, planned wedding stuff, slept, worked, attended a baptism, a homecoming, and Music & the Spoken Word IN THE TABERNACLE, besides playing in the pit. Did I mention I slept and played in the pit? Two of my very favorite activities. Not at the same time, of course! I did a little tiny bit of homework, might regret not doing more in the next 48ish hours but whatever. I needed that break so bad and I loved it! If I can get a nice recording of my one composition I finished I will post it at a later time.

Lastly, I need to say that the Tabernacle is so cool! It was my first time actually getting into the place itself for M&tSW. Totally beats the same show in the conference center, hands down. Gotta be the acoustics. Those come from the shape of the building, with it's nifty parabolic ends :-) Is it parabolic or hyperbolic? I wonder if I've got my conic sections confused... Anyway, there really aren't words to describe how amazingly awesome it was to hear the Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square perform in their very own home venue. No words. Yea for stuff! Good night!

No comments: