Sunday, March 6, 2011

They brought up journals again

Monday--I did yoga at another ward's FHE. Super fun! Then me and BFF wrote names on certificates and tried to find places in the world hotter than 32 Celsius (the current temp in Manila). Great game for geography, as iPod weather doesn't recognize countries, only cities. So we'd think of a country that gets hot weather, and then have to come up with cities in that country, as not all cities are recognized, either. We had fun. Bangkok was the only winner.

Tuesday--nothing exciting

Wednesday--also nothing exciting. Except I actually got up early and did music theory hw, then stayed up late doing piano festival stuff.

Thursday--got up early again for piano festival stuff. Then 4 of us pianists had a large argument about whether or not we should go to class at 9:30 . . . we ended up going but it was amusing the way we got there. My mom bought me dinner at Red Robin and I got a sweet little orange cone out of a quarter machine that says "out of order." I wanted to put it on my head so bad I drove to the mall and got a headband with a matching orange bow. Back at Weber I asked the secretary for a rubber band and I found a box of giant orange rubber bands! I totally tied the cone to the headband and I've been wearing it since. There was a band concert and it didn't make me happy. I was happy when I was playing but that's it. Bad night. Stayed up late again clearing off my keyboard.

Friday--class, piano festival stuff, class that was cancelled. Band professor tells me he's changed his mind yet again and we are going to play "Give Us This Day" in Chicago. That made me happy, but I have made my plans to go to Milwaukee instead. But that will make the one-day side trip to Chicago for me more enjoyable (i.e. I get to play TWO songs instead of just one on the concert). Evening was BAD... Details will come in a future blog post. Stayed up late again, I forget why.

Saturday--up early again for the Piano Festival. I set FOUR alarms so I would be there on time. Most everything went well, actually! The worst was in the morning, not everyone else was on time. As I was trying to figure out how things were going to work so we could START, my fiance starts texting me too. Worst possible timing. All I could say was "I'm busy now, please stop sending me messages" and the poor guy was probably thinking, "whaa? oh man what did I do..." That was my only blow-up though. Everything did go pretty well, what with my people having to help with the string festival too; it all got figured out and was a successful day! Lots of compliments on how well-organized it was :-) Dr. Yang bought us all ice cream afterwards, and I had a sweet bath in the jetted tub that night.

Sunday--Sunday School teacher mentions journals and how we should share what we learn in class or at least write it down. So, it was about "Come unto Me, all ye that labor, and I will give you rest," and "the Son of Man is Lord also of the Sabbath." Both great topics. I labor and need rest, and I do notice that like, when I go to institute or something (coming unto Christ), I feel so much better afterwards. Also, I like that Sunday is a day of rest, and I strive to keep the Sabbath Day holy. Following the commandments is definitely a good thing--it bring blessings :-)

No comments: