Monday, May 9, 2011

Holy Crap.

I have some serious writer's block. This hasn't happened since 8th grade. I can write stuff, but I don't like to. For this particular project I just can't do it. I can not bring myself to write what I am supposed to. Every time I sit down to try, my mind freaks out. I don't know why this happens but it's annoying. In 8th grade, I had to write a paper about a certain place in my town. I did all the research and had pictures and I knew everything, I may have even had an interview, but I just couldn't write the paper. I never did write it. We were supposed to post our papers on a website. I wrote up something for the website but it wasn't a formal research paper. Never mind that every single other writing project that I did do in that Honors English class was great, they wouldn't let me into Honors English again for 9th grade. In other classes at other times in the near and distant past, sometimes I freaked out about certain papers as well, but I got them done. Some were late, some were all-nighters before the deadline, but I got high marks on every one, despite the stress and trauma. Why do I hate doing something I am good at? I'll edit papers, I'll transcribe, I'll record, I'll read, I'll cut and paste, I'll even criticize, but make me write one and it could get dangerous. Doesn't make sense. If I ever get this written and come out alive, DON'T EVER LET ME ASSIGN MYSELF TO WRITE A SCRIPT AGAIN! And be warned lest you ever try to assign me to write one. It'll cost you a lot of chocolate and wasted time. I'm probably not done venting about this. The deadline was Dec. 31 and I'm not getting out of this one. Does anyone know how to hypnotize me into doing it? That might work...

1 comment:

Charla the Great said...

Since you're going on five months overdue, maybe you should say you have too much going on right now...

Don't be a hero.