Wednesday: I didn't leave the house soon enough to catch the 10:31 Frontrunner, so I figured I would take the 10:43 bus. I got out to the street by 10:43, but not to the stop until 10:45, and so somehow I convinced myself I had missed the bus, and decided to go on to the FrontRunner station by foot, to supposedly catch the 11:01 train. 1 mile, 15 minutes, totally do-able, right? So I sort of ran-walked up 1700W and then turned on 1450S, and when I was half-way to Main St the bus passed me.
At that point I had 2 options: (1) go on to the station anyway, or (2) since the bus goes in to the station and comes back out I could potentially catch it near the stoplight. I left the decision aside for a while since both paths were the same until I was out on Main St anyway. If I hadn't been eating a bagel while run-walking I probably would have been a bit faster. Oops. Because by the time I did get to the light, it was red the wrong way so I watched the bus come back out of the station and turn and leave me and there was nothing I could do about it.
But that was fine, right? I still had another option . . . I looked at my watch and figured if I ran all the rest of the way to the station, and all the way in to get on the platform, I could make it by 11:01. Especially since I had finished my bagel by this point. So I took off. Oh, and I was wearing sandals. As I was running down the path to get in, I did wonder why there weren't more people coming in as well. Once I got to the concrete barrier at the edge of the parking lot (about 2/3 of the way from where I started running) it suddenly dawned on me what an idiot I was and why I had wanted to catch the bus in the first place: There is no 11:01 train. There hasn't been for a while. Like, over a year now. D'oh! Needless to say, I climbed over the concrete barrier and didn't run anymore.
Now I knew that another bus would come, then the train would come. Either option would get me to where I was going at pretty much the same time. The train maybe 1 or 2 minutes faster. I sat down in the bus shelter with the intention that I would just take the bus, unless it was late. Well, it was late. So I stood there and thought "screw you" and when it left I walked down to the train platform and then 5 minutes later was on my way. That way I got to read a little in my book too. I don't read it on the bus usually but the FrontRunner is a smooth ride. Anyway, I felt good for having ran, but sad for getting out later than I had intended. I don't particularly like that they cut out half of the train runs in the middle of the day! It's messed me up more than once!
You Never Forget When...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment