Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cleaning, cleaning

It's the week of cleaning. I have to clean everything at home, and I have to clean everything at work. Not that this is a bad thing, it's really not, it's just sort of funny how these two weeks coincided. I knew this last week at work would be cleaning everything and I've known it for a while. Everything needs washing: test tubes, bins, buckets, bowls, rags, tables, lenses, floors, etc. And guess what, I'm not allowed to use the sink. LOL. There's buckets and other sinks, but still, why did it have to start leaking right before clean-up week? I will never know. That just makes it an adventure, I guess!

At home we've been working on various projects for a while, but it just so worked out that next week I leave for three weeks and the place better be ready for company when I return--with company. So I have to do as much as I possibly can while I'm still around. I had some makeshift furniture-moving parties last week and started scrubbing walls. Ripped up a carpet in one room and washed all the walls and polished the floor so I could put furniture in there. Now one of the other rooms has more space to put more furniture in (i.e. bookcase) but I need to wash all the walls first. Once I get my bookcase in, I can get my brother's bookcase out, and move the rest of his stuff into the other room where he's going to be, since it is all in the living room currently. Seems pretty simple but it's the wall-washing that's slowing me down for some reason. Plus I have institute, a wedding reception, maybe a baptism, visiting teaching, church, going to the temple, and going to see a movie that I have to fit in as well. All this week. Not to mention practicing the piano. Leaving the country is so intense! But I'm so excited!

No comments: