There's going to be a lot of posts like this one coming in the future! I officially signed up for the triathlon and am going to much more seriously be training from now on. Today, I rode my bike all the way home from work. That's somewhere between 12 and 13 miles according to google maps (but we know how much I trust that!). For one thing, I wish my bike would go into the highest gear so I could take those downhill stretches just a little faster--but that can be fixed! Of course, well, at least I think, that if I do that, I may not be able to go into the lowest gear . . . but I'd rather use all the speed I can going down if there's a choice. Which there is. I might change my mind eventually, but for now that's what I want to do. For the randomness, I was attacked by a flying cotton puff that went straight up my nose and was in no way a pleasant experience--but it was a short experience so I'm fine. The uphill part did get me pretty bad, but with practice I expect to improve. So I will not be taking as much advantage of the FrontRunner as I have been anymore. I completed the ride in 1 hour and 19 minutes (with a short phone call in the middle). Watch for this number to go down!
No comments:
Post a Comment