So apparently Friday is NOT the last day of class, but Monday IS. Weird. And I only have one final exam! Besides juries. And it's not cumulative! How did I get so lucky?
I rode the FrontRunner to Salt Lake and went to the temple today. A good day. Other than the freeze warning they put out for tonight!
My mother put the Christmas tree back up. She's been threatening to for a long time now, because it's still been snowing. Well now she really has had it and put the thing up. I helped. She bought a bunch of Easter decorations and put them on it. See where I get my randomness from?
I'm doing Science in the Parks again this summer, and it's going to be awesome! It always is :-). I love my school, I love my job, I love a lot of stuff.
Not some things, like the immigration process. Since it's getting closer to our original goal date to be married, everyone is constantly asking me
"when are you getting married"
"when is the wedding"
"when is your wedding"
"when are you getting married"
"are you still engaged"
"are you married yet"
"when are you getting married"
"when do we get to meet him"
"when's the wedding"
"did you get married"
and things like that. It's nice to know people care and are interested, but I care too and if you are related to me, or go to church with me, you will KNOW when I know, and there's a good chance that if you aren't in either of those two groups, you will also KNOW in a timely manner one way or another. Like when I flew to the Philippines and came back with a ring, most people knew pretty quick. I can only imagine that next time when I fly to the Philippines and come back with a man, most people are going to know probably even faster.
And NO, I DON'T KNOW WHEN THAT WILL BE. It's the United States Government we're talking about. Since when do they do things the way we want them done? At least it's nice to know they didn't shut down so they can keep staring at the piles of paperwork I sent them and try and do background checks on me. They've been doing a lot of weird stuff lately. If they would read the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution, and the Statue of Liberty's thing every once in a while they might realize how they are in violation of those very fundamental things to this nation! In fact, there's probably some law that could get me in a lot of trouble for those last five sentences. Which is incredibly ironic.
I won't rant about the government anymore right now, let's get to something happier! I went to institute tonight where we studied the Passover. WOW. I shouldn't put the details in the same blog post as a rant about the government. But it was GOOD. It's always good, Sister Poulsen is an amazing teacher and of course the Spirit is so real and strong when you're studying the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
There was an interesting thing last night--on the news, they reported someone found an image of Christ in a flower, and my brother and I were like, "dang, people will find that in anything!" But you know what? I realize that there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, it states in Alma 30:44 that "...all things denote there is a God." ALL things. So if you think you see Jesus in your potato chip, tree stump, flower, or grilled cheese sandwich, I say more power to you (Just don't worship those things).
You Never Forget When...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment